Family law covers many topics, and the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, Inc. can assist with all of them. Our firm is dedicated to providing clients with experienced legal counsel in matters ranging from divorce to adoption.
Divorce is the primary area of concentration for the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, Inc. It is one of the most common family matters handled in California. Diane Morin takes a unique approach to divorce by treating litigation as the last choice rather than the first.
Our firm prioritizes efficient and low-conflict solutions for divorces to help all couples receive equitable and less stressful outcomes. However, when necessary, we act as fierce and focused advocates for our clients during divorce litigation.
We also have unique experience in international divorce law. We are available to assist multi-national couples with the additional complexities of ending their marriages.
Domestic violence remains all too common in California. Our family law firm is dedicated to providing clients with assistance leaving violent marriages and other relationships. We can assist you with matters such as:
- Temporary and permanent restraining orders to help you and your family remain safe from abusers during and after other legal proceedings.
- Custody disputes involving child abuse allegations to protect your children from an abusive partner or family member.
- Divorces after spousal abuse to help victims avoid being forced to support their abusers or remain married longer than necessary.
- Offering you strategies to oppose any wrongful accusations of domestic violence when and if used by a partner to obtain an advantage in court.
- Defense Against Wrongful Accusations: Diane Morin has experience on both sides in both her former practice in criminal law (as a prosecutor and a defense attorney) and in her long experience in family law. Sometimes, if rarely, the domestic violence statutes are wrongfully used to gain an advantage. If you believe this has happened to your, then our office can review and offer strategize to oppose any unjust or inaccurate accusations and advocate for a re-examination and setting aside of temporary restraining orders or other orders unfairly used against you and advocate for a re-adjusting of the status quo.
Do not feel pressured to remain in an abusive relationship. Reach out to learn how we can help you get out.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is a cornerstone of our philosophy of practice. The firm works towards a goal of transformational conversations between parties so they can reach more satisfying agreements. Diane Morin is dedicated to helping clients find nonadversarial methods to resolve conflict. Our firm can help you avoid costly and stressful litigation through methods like:
- Collaborative law: Your attorney will work with you and the other party to draft settlements or other agreements that satisfy you both.
- Mediation: Diane Morin is a certified mediator with many years of training. She can act as either a mediator or a consulting attorney in the context of a third party mediation. Your lawyer will help you mediate or find a third-party mediator to oversee your negotiations and resolve more difficult disputes without costly litigation.
- Consulting attorney: Your lawyer will assist you in examining your options in litigated or mediated actions.
Family Law Services
Diane Morin has decades of experience assisting families with various services beyond divorce and domestic violence. Her Palo Alto family law firm is also available to assist with more specialized aspects of family law matters including:
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Name Changes
- Stepparent Adoption
- Relocation (“Move Away” Cases)
Contact the Palo Alto Family Law Attorneys at the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, Inc.
If your family needs legal counsel, the experienced lawyers at the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, Inc. are available to help. We proudly provide our clients with world-class legal representation in domestic and international family law matters from our Palo Alto, California office. Contact us online or call us at 650-473-0822 to discuss your case and learn how our compassionate lawyers can help you quickly resolve disputes with minimal conflict.