The Law & Mediation Offices of Diane J.N. Morin
Whatever Your Family Law Needs, We Can Help
Whatever Your Family Law Needs Are, We Can Help 650-473-0822
Areas & Topics

June 2018 Archives

How does a collaborative divorce work?

You may wish to avoid the heartache, cost and time of a court battle, so you are looking into amicable divorce methods. You considered mediation, but you and your spouse have too much at stake and a significant amount of conflict, especially when it comes to child custody matters and asset division. However, you are still willing to work things out without the interference of a judge, if possible. Like other Californians considering an uncontested divorce, you might be thinking about collaborative law.

Can I move out of state with my child after my divorce?

Just when your post-divorce California life seemed to be settling into a “new normal,” your employer offered you a marvelous promotion. The hitch? You must move to a new state. Since you have children, you now may be wondering what hassle, if any, you need to go through so you can move your kids out of state with you.

What do I do if I get a knock on the door from CPS?

That dreaded knock can be any California parent’s nightmare. This means that not only has someone felt it necessary to report a parenting concern about you to Child Protective Services, but a social worker is about to investigate and determine if you are a fit enough parent to keep your children in your home. This can be an upsetting, embarrassing and frightening experience for anyone.

Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin
2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94303-3220

Phone: 650-473-0822
Fax: 650-473-0812
Map & Directions