The Law & Mediation Offices of Diane J.N. Morin
Whatever Your Family Law Needs, We Can Help
Whatever Your Family Law Needs Are, We Can Help 650-473-0822
Areas & Topics

May 2018 Archives

What's wrong with keeping my home in a divorce?

If you are like many people in California who are facing the end of your marriage, you may feel a strong urge to keep your family home. This can be very understandable, especially if you have children who still live at home. The desire to maintain stability for the kids and remain in a place where you have strong attachments is real but these are not always the facts upon which you should make this type of decision.

What do parents need to know about parenting schedules?

When you and your wife get divorced in California, one of the things you must consider is how you will divide your children's time. When both of you want to be actively involved in your kid's lives, it is important to establish a parenting plan that will give you both plenty of time with the kids.

Yes, you can spend child support money on non-essentials

At the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, we understand that divorced Californians often do not get along with their ex-spouses. In many cases, parenting is a difficult issue that can cause conflict, especially regarding money. As the parent who receives child support, you might face disapproval from your ex about how you spend it. You might even worry that the court can monitor your spending or step in and tell you what you can and cannot buy with your child support money.

Mediation for same-sex couples

At the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, we understand that when you and your same-sex partner seek a California divorce, our laws may or may not apply to your specific situation. Many state laws do not fully consider the special problems that you and other same-sex couples often face when you divorce.

Escaping from domestic violence requires planning

Many marriages are unhappy and end in divorce. However, at the Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin, we understand that for some people in California and elsewhere, seeking an end to a miserable marriage can be dangerous. If you hope to get out of an abusive relationship, you will need to carefully plan your steps.

Law Offices of Diane J.N. Morin
2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94303-3220

Phone: 650-473-0822
Fax: 650-473-0812
Map & Directions